Month: November 2022
US Soccer has changed Iran’s flag on its social media accounts to show ‘support for the women in Iran fighting for basic human rights’
• Exclusive: Soccer fans stopped by security for wearing rainbow-colored items
• Costa Rica shocks Japan with a 1-0 victory
• Germany looks to bounce back from defeat
• In photos: What the World Cup is like in Qatar
Twitter new user signups at an ‘all-time high,’ says Elon Musk
A month after completing his takeover of Twitter, Elon Musk says new user signups are at an “all-time high.” On Saturday evening, the billionaire shared a slide deck that details … Read More
A day of big upsets at the World Cup as Morocco shocks Belgium and Costa Rica defeats Japan
It was a day of big upsets at the World Cup as Belgium and Japan both succumbed to shock defeats against Morocco and Costa Rica respectively.
Khamenei’s niece arrested after calling for foreign governments to cut ties with Iranian regime
Farideh Moradkhani, the niece of Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, has been arrested after calling on foreign governments to cut all ties with the Iranian government.
‘A significant severe-weather event will be likely’ this week, meteorologists say
• Storm tracker: Where weather is brewing • More than 1,000 US flights delayed Sunday as major airports urge passengers to arrive early
World Cup soccer fans stopped by security officials for wearing rainbow-colored items
The World Cup is well underway in Qatar, but issues surrounding LGBTQ+ rights for the Gulf state, world soccer governing body FIFA, teams and fans just won’t go away.
Cycling from Paris to Doha to watch France at Qatar
Traveling to watch their team play at the World Cup took a little longer than usual for two French fans.
The countries that issue travel warnings about the US
• Veteran who took down Colorado shooter thanks community for support • Youngest Walmart shooting victim identified • Sen. Chris Murphy doesn’t think Democrats have 60 votes for assault weapons ban
• Opinion: Who is at fault for America’s soaring gun violence?
Germany looks to bounce back from shock defeat and revive World Cup hopes against dangerous Spain
If Germany is to avoid the ignominy of consecutive World Cup group stage exits, it will need to earn a positive result against a Spain side that looked like the tournament’s most dangerous team after the opening round of fixtures.